Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day One, Your Current Relationship

I am married.  For 21 years.  For the past 4 years or so, since the kids (two sons) have become adults I am finding myself at conflict with the relationship.  Yep, I am one of those who woke up one morning and thought WTH???  Not good.  For three of those four years I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Now I can but the relationship still needs a lot of work and settling.  I sometimes think I should just walk and other times not.  I will leave it at that.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the feelings. I have been married twice, the first time to someone I imagined my life with, the second time to someone I knew I could grow with. It is important to see yourself, to know yourself, and to honor your feelings. Do not settle, live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you're saying. I've been married 26 years with good days and bad days, good years and bad years. But we rode out the rough times and survived the drought. I hate to see people give up because the tunnel is longer or more uncomfortable than they'd like it to be.

    ReplyDelete