Sunday, April 17, 2011

Release of the Cranes

After the earthquake and tsunami that devastated Japan I spent my time making paper cranes to raise money to send to earthquake relief.  As the news wound down and slowly the disaster became  less a news item I started leaving cranes around town and places I go.  On the wings it says "Pray for Japan".  These are some I left today...

Walmart crane

This crane was dropped off in Walmart.  Shortly after I dropped it off and took a photograph a young girl came along with her mom and spotted it.  I try and keep them fairly low so children can find them.  The first thing she did was look at it then throw it in the air to see if it would fly.  She then carried it for awhile, eventually putting it on her mom's purse in the cart.

Scheels, ladies biking clothing
This crane was dropped off by some fake flowers in the bike clothing dept. of Scheels.  I came home with a top and padded shorts and a pair of clearance socks.

Culvers
This crane was left in the number holder at the Culver's.  I needed some lunch ;).


Borders
 I was surprised to find Kandinsky cards at Borders!!! So in celebration I left a purple crane!


Michaels
A crane who has claimed his birdhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment