Friday, April 29, 2011

TGIF

Let me help you dismantle the fence.
I tore down my temporary fence yesterday and as you can see my gelding Jack was all for helping.  I also turned the colt loose since he needs room to run and the pen is just too darn sloppy.  It is sloppy everywhere else too (look at Jack's legs!) but they have a choice where to go.  Unfortuantly the colt is muddy this afternoon but he seems happy otherwise.  I caught him and loved on him and then let him go.  Earlier he was flat out under the sun in some sparse grass.  That is what a baby needs.


Last photo before heading in the the big wide world.
 Yesterday I called a bike shop and explained what  mess Benjamin was.  No problem, they won't make him pretty but can make him road worthy.  I'll ride him this summer and decide whether just to ride for sentimental reasons and replace him or not.  If I decide I want to ride him I will work further in restoring him.

Tomorrow is a wellness fair in Cadott I am going to try and go to.  Then take Benjamin in to the shop. I loaded him in the backseat of my car.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dang! I wish I would have read this post, earlier. A wellness fair, I have not been to one since Duluth. I used to go every year, there.
    The photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete