Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bicycle Spa

Benji is now at the bicycle spa.  The guy looked at him and said "it may not be worth putting anything into it."  :(.  I said ok, what do you think really?  So he asked if I'd be willing to put $100 into him.  I said yes of course since I can't buy a new bike for that.  I said call me if there is more needed or ??  So we will see.  I can't believe what bad shape he is in.  That shed must be about as good as leaving it outside.  I am kinda' ticked off that they just shoved him in there.  But what is done is done.

The guy said he'd be done by Tuesday most likely.  I can't get it until Wed. or Thurs. so whatever. 

I then went to the book store where there was a local author signing books.  So I asked him what it was about and where he lives etc.  I bought one, it looks pretty good, set in the northwoods of WI which is what I know.    The author is Brett Champan and the book is "Rearview Sunset". 

I also discovered a magazine called Bicycle Times!  I opened it up and there was Benjamins little cousin, a 1980 Schwinn Varsity!!!  Can we say bike love?  So I bought the issue.  I also love the letter the the editor commenting on how last issue's cover let him relive a ride, LOL.  The cover is a cute guy chasing a cute girl on a trail, both having a lot of fun!  So I came home and subscribed online.

So here is hoping Benji comes from the spa in usable shape and he and I can hit the road again like we used to.  I told the guy there is sentimentality involved too.  That he seemed to understand ;).  Yup, you can tell a bike person...

No comments:

Post a Comment