Thursday, April 14, 2011

Winter, Give Up Your Grip!

Bozo the bull calf

28*F this morning.  Sigh.  Only good thing about that is the ground is a little firmer to walk on.  But, really, I am ready for winter to go.  Let's get this frost out and move on please? 

I am back to dragging the sled and peeling round bales to feed the horses.  Thank goodness we were able to get a round bale in one pasture and one to the cows but I have five horses we cannot get a bale to so I have to unroll a bale, pile it on an ice shanty sled, drag it across the yard and pitch it into the feeder.   My back and hips feel it. 

I found out yesterday my friend's business in Merrill is a loss.  What a shame.  It was a sort of home away from home.


Mabel Tainter Theater
Friday night will find me and my husband here (he doesn't know yet...I just ordered tickets online) for the Singer Songwriter Showcase hosted by WPR's past Simply Folk host.  The musicians are all from Western WI, one being my favorite for several years now, Patchouli.  I wish I wasn't working Friday and Saturday (I normally don't work much this time of year) so I could enjoy the night out but that is how it goes.  Tack on a 1 1/2 hour drive it gets late for me, a morning person.  But it will be worth it, right??  Gads, I am getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment