Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bike Shop Blues

The lever

Dropped my ancient bike off a week ago Sat.  Mon. they call, say it will cost more.  Fine, still cheaper than buying a new one.  Go pick it up yesterday, bring it home, go to ride it, realize the safty brake lever wasn't put back on.  Called them, yes, it was there.  Mind you, this is a 90 mile round trip!  I want to ride my bike so today I drive there to get my lever.  Here it is, that is all.  A "geez, sorry about that" would have gone a LONG way.  I never had my bike worked on there and I really wanted to like them.  But this threw a wet blanket on the whole deal.

I am a bit miffed too that vintage bikes owned by older women seem to not be of much importance at bike shops.  No, it isn't the latest greatest racing machine you're dying to work on!  But without the advancement of the bike I am allowing you to work on now your 7K bike wouldn't be the bike it is!

Maybe I am being a bit ridiculous but this really kinda' burned my butt.  Next time I will take it to the Bad Cat (just found them by accident this morning online) where they put right on their website they love '60s and '70s bikes.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you made them reimburse you for gas! I would have been pissed! 90 miles is no joke with gas prices being what they are. Not to mention that you missed out on another day of riding, and summer in Wisconsin being what it is everyday is precious. Have fun with the wheels on this glorious Tuesday! It is supposed to get to almost 80 today and tomorrow. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am POed for you too! Mercy, almighty, what the h e double hocky sticks kind of repairmen are these befunks anyway! Glad you got your bike back tho, but more glad you found someone who likes your bike years. Good luck with that. In the meantime, horray on the Jesus intervention. LOL
    Sounds like my Bill and I getting at it over our spending and not.
    First time here. Love your sincerity and shooting from the hip!
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete