Sunday, May 1, 2011

May:National Bike Month!

Happy May Day.  And it is also the first day of National Bike Month!  Whoot!  Let's show all those bikes the love!

Feels more like, what?  November? Early March?  Anyone else kinda' sorta' ready for spring?  The REAL spring?  Yah, me too. It'll be calendar summer before spring arrives at this rate.  I wanted to ride a little but not in 21* with a 20mph wind.  Sorry.

I work the next two days.  My rear tire has a slow leak so I am going to have to get serious about replacing those tires I suppose.  I don't want to as there goes a paycheck.  I'll see how long it takes to deflate and go by that.  Meanwhile I have mail route Monday and Tuesday.  Here is hoping it stays good despite the crazy gravel roads.

Today I got a coupon for the local Snap Fitness.  It is for a free week.  I figure what the heck, go check it out.  I am not a gym rat but sometimes it would be nice to have a place to go when I want to get out of here and not feel I have to eat or spend money.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about National Bike Month. I like riding bikes but have an ancient bike that used to belong to my Mother-in-law. Your post is a good reminder that this might be the year to remedy that. Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete