Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 6: 30 Interesting Facts About Myself

Well, I don't know how interesting they are.  In the end, who cares.

  1. I work as a rural mail carrier substitute out of four POs.
  2. My car's name is Black Beauty.  She is the nicest and newest car I have ever had...a 1999 Chevy Lumina.
  3. If I move again it will be to Duluth, South Range or Fargo.
  4. I seriously want to meet my German penpal.
  5. I was the fastest runner in my high school and could do sprints and long distance.  Now?  Ha ha, yeah.  But I have the heart of a runner and am working on getting my mojo back.
  6. This is the first time I haven't lived on some sort of body of water.
  7. I listen almost exclusively to NPR/WPR and WOJB.  I can't get any of them in the house so I can only hear them in the car.
  8. I belly dance.
  9. I am resurrecting my 1978 Schwinn Continental II.  His name is Benjamin.
  10. I love books!
  11. I was born on the 11th.
  12. I dislike housework for the most part.  Might be because I live with three men.
  13. I like to drive.
  14. My husband and I used to build houses.  Ours has been gutted for 16 years.  It is not pretty but we couldn't agree on design.  He has finally decided to let me have my way.  And he says I am impatient, ha ha ha.
  15. I love to cook. My husband prefers junk food.  I don't cook very often anymore.
  16. The best $1200 I spent was on getting satellite internet and my netbook.
  17. I got my only credit card 2.5 years ago.
  18. I had a midlife crisis...really.
  19. I enjoy gardening and tried to do farmers markets etc.  I had poor results due to the mega tons of mysterious Amish and Mennonite sellers that everyone seems to want to buy from and who don't even grow their own stuff, believe it or not.  I need a gimmick.
  20. I am a Sharpie addict and the company even used some of my artwork created with them.
  21. I am my father's daughter. 
  22. I used to make a living off eBay selling artwork. Now I hardly even draw anymore.
  23. I once went on a week long trip to KY with someone I never met until I picked her up. 
  24. I used to groom dogs.
  25. I prefer pinching pennies to working.
  26. I collect and show model horses.
  27. I love a good cup of coffee.
  28. I sometimes sit in a restaurant, write or read and just waste an hour or two.
  29. I make my own laundry detergent.
  30. I love wasabi peas.

2 comments:

  1. I found your list interesting. I'm with you on #10, 11, and 12. I love books, was born on the 11th, and don't like housework. I'd be interested to hear how you make your own laundry soap. That would make a good blog post someday. I don't know what Wasabi peas are. Hope you have a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am my father's daughter, I love a good cup of coffee and would love to make a living off selling stuff on Ebay!

    Wasabi peas tho, them I can do without :)

    Happy Easter to ya!

    ReplyDelete